17 March 2009

The Beginning of the End

According to a recent BBC article, it may already be the beginning of the end for me. The article suggests that "mental powers start to dwindle at 27 after peaking at 22, marking the start of old age". Apparently, Professor Timothy Salthouse of Virginia University has discovered that reasoning, speed of thought and spatial visualisation all decline in our late 20s.

I am turning 27 this year. At the peak of my mental ability, and yet to accomplish anything of note. What a truly depressing thought.

2 comments:

GR said...

Another scary article: The "Forever 27" club (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club), which made me think about the little I've achieved at almost-27, compared to the legends (albeit tragic life and death stories) of the likes of Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix...

Karin Lai said...

i think the theory must be bollocks - if i peaked at age 22 then i wouldn't have got a measly 2-1 for my finals results =p