12 January 2010

New Year's Greetings

This is rather rather late, but better late than never. So to all my friends, and to the (seemingly non-existent) readers of this blog, I offer my New Year's greetings:

May you live in adventure and mystery, in the warm glow of enchantment, and the thrill and fright of shadowy things. Read books that are good, and wise, that make you laugh and cry. May you kiss someone you love, and perhaps more importantly, be kissed by someone who loves you. Catch a snowflake or moonbeam, delight in the inconsequential. Most of all, find something not quite happiness somewhere in between rapture and joy.

[As inspired by Neil Gaiman]

3 comments:

Di said...

"the thrill and fright.."

Nice line.

happy new year =)

spam said...

is that a quote from Neil Gaiman? its a fabulous quote. =)

Caleb Liu said...

Dear Diana and Pam,

thanks for the lovely comments. And nope it wasn't written by Neil - I wrote it myself. Though it certainly mimics his style! I hope you've both been having a good year so far.