1 May 2007

(Free from) Labour Day

I decided to use the Labour Day public holiday to attempt to revive my blog. You soon come to realise that a public holiday is a very welcome respite once you enter the working world, even if its sole use is to catch up on sleep and catch up with old friends.

My entire holiday was spent at home. Some relatives (dad's side of the family) came over for lunch and that necessitated my physical presence, if not my actual involvement. My sister, on account of her no longer living at home, managed to exempt herself - though she did come back for dinner later that evening only to head to the doctor's and procure for herself a 3 day MC.

This holiday was a microcosm of my weekends/free time since starting work - nothing much getting accomplished in general. Not exactly a malaise - just the inevitability of sinking into a routine of staying in and not doing much of anything at all.

Books that ought to have been organised since the beginning of the year are still stacked in corners of the room. My piles of CDs have yet to be organised, although that is partly due to the fact that I haven't got round to purchasing a new CD player to replace the one that accompanied me back from Oxford, albeit in a state where it only works intermittently.

My attempts to blog regularly seems to have gone the same way. Let's hope that things will be different, now.

No comments: