10 December 2007

Movies To Watch from 2007

After browsing through a general overview of the film releases in 2007 (in America to date), I have made a list of the movies that I want to watch. A number of them have yet to appear in cinemas in Singapore.

Yet to Open in Singapore (if ever):
Atonement [seen]
Michael Clayton [seen]
Into the Wild [seen - DVD]
Eastern Promises [seen]
No Country for Old Men [seen]
The Assassination of Jesse James
Juno [seen]
There Will Be Blood [seen]
Sweeney Todd [seen]
In the Shadow of the Moon
This Movie Is Not Yet Rated (mid Jan)

Movies I missed in Theatres:
Flag of Our Fathers
Letters from Iwo Jima [seen - DVD]
The Lives of Others [seen - DVD]
Death at the Funeral
Hairspray
The Simpson's Movie [seen - DVD]
Becoming Jane
Sicko
Broken English
Deathproof and Planet Terror (Grindhouse)
Hot Fuzz [seen - DVD]

Last Updates June 2009

The Three Best Movies I Watched in 2007:
Pan's Labyrinth
Ratatouille
The Wind that Shakes the Barley

3 comments:

Karin Lai said...

hmm i haven't watched atonement either. letters from iwo jima definitely worth renting. and hot fuzz! it's brilliant! i actually have the dvd in singapore but problem is i'm not there to pass it to you!

Caleb Liu said...

Atonement has been getting a lot of the pre-Oscar buzz, and I loved the book, so I am definitely anticipating it. I'll rent Hot Fuzz since you recommend it so strongly.

name said...

Hey I wantched Pan's Labyrinth twice recently, though not entirely by choice on the bus to and from KL...didn't know it was such an aclaimed show though; just kinda assumed it was something the bus people dumped on the player just for the heck of it. I was pretty engrossed by it both times anyhow, though had to rely on the Malay subtitles half the time). Ah. Now I fell strangely arty. gen.