19 January 2009

My Top 10 Movies of All Time

I've recently gone through and updated a list of all the movies I can recalling watching, either in the cinema, on VCD/DVD (or even on Laserdisc!), as well as on TV. It came up to well over 800 individuals titles. I also attempted to assign ratings for the majority of them, though it proved difficult given that I had seen some of them a long while back. However, in the process of doing that review, I have chosen my 1o favourite movies of all time, as of the start of 2009. In no particular order:

The Shawshank Redemption
Singin' in the Rain
Cinema Paradiso
Pleasantville
Double Indemnity
Patton
Pan's Labyrinth
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Casablanca
Raise the Red Lantern

A full list of all the movies I rated **** (out of ****) will follow, once I have finalised it. Comments on my choices are welcome.

No comments: