15 June 2007

Catching Up With Old Friends

I had a wonderful chance to meet up with some of my old classmates from my Secondary Four class at ACS(I) for dinner and then drinks at Holland Village. It was a rare chance for Vic, Ted, Enzheng, JK, Ben and Brian as well as myself to meet up. I hadn't seen most of them, other than Vic in the past six or seven years.

To be honest, nobody had changed all that much I think. Personality wise, our individual quirks and characteristics, already visible at 16, remained even given the fact that we had all matured. A number of us were in relatively stable relationships, and we had all already started work (or were about to).

It was interesting meeting up with them again, catching up on old times, and also quite sobering to think that next year, 2008, would mark the 10th Anniversary of our graduation from ACS(I). It will be interesting to see these group of school friends again as the years go by, as we all change, and yet stay the same still. As Robert Browning put it (inspiring our school motto in the process): "Come grow old with me, for the best is yet to be".

No comments: