9 June 2007

Defeating Oblivion

I made a fatal mistake of installing Elder Scrolls Oblivion a few weeks ago, which partly explains both my recent lack of posting on this blog, as well as my having read next to nothing in the month of May. I bought the game sometime in August last year, but didn't have the chance to try it out till now. Suffice to say, it is extremely addictive.

I'm now nearing the end of the game, having taken so long due to the fact that I feel an urge to engage in and complete every quest I can, not to mention explore all the random mines, elven ruins, forts and what have you that are scattered around the realm. It starts getting a bit pointless when you find yourself a Level 30 or so character with a complete set of Daedric Armour (the best in the game) wielding a massive Daedric Warhammer, able to crush pretty much anything in your path.

Admittedly, I lost quite a bit of sleep the first week that I installed the game. I spent a number of nights up till the wee hours of the morning engrossed in my own little fantasy realm.

The game does seem to have quite a bit of replay value due to the plethora of sub-quests that are available to the discerning adventurer. I definitely want to try out a mage based character the next time around, having gone for the typical (boring) hack and slash warrior type character on this occasion.

But I'll have to end the post here. After all, I have a kingdom to save, and an emperor to crown.

No comments: