1 February 2008

Justin's Birthday

Pam organised a surprise gathering to celebrate Justin's 35th birthday today. It was held at the Old Brown Shoe naturally enough (or in Justin's words "my second home"). I ended up late after asking my sister to come along and then having to wait for her to put on make-up and do the other usual girlie things (she was going to Zouk afterwards).

It was nice to meet Maureen again (David her husband and Justin's old chum from the Everest days was out of town), particularly since the lot of us managed to extract a promise from her that she would cook dinner for us one of these days, and specifically she would make chilli crab (very much at my prompting).

Justin got the usual set of predictable presents for his birthday - a book on World War II combat airplanes from David and Maureen, two aerobatic books from Pam. I bought him a book on the history of aviation but forgot to bring it (I subsequently also bought him a model of a P-51 Mustang). Then again I haven't even passed him his Christmas present which is a DVD of the movie Flyboys.

This officially marks my third consecutive day at the Shoe after the pub quiz on Wednesday, going there with Justin and my sister on Thursday after Swing Fling at Jitterbugs. Gotta get away!

No comments: