24 January 2008

Swinging Away

I attended my first Lindy Hop lesson today at Jitterbugs. It was a pretty brisk introductory lesson with a relatively large class (almost twenty people in total). I got a bit confused once they started combining the steps with actual movements. I also hope there will be more focus on individuals in later lessons, the sister agrees with me in that you sometimes feel you are doing everything wrong but nobody notices (except perhaps your partner).

On the plus side, the sister noted that in her opinion, a number of the girls in the class were "cute". Not that I'm actually looking, but I definitely concur. Hopefully more people from the class will stay for "Swing Fling" later on in the evening which would provide a useful way to get to know more people and get some much needed practice in.

After the class, we joined our parents for dinner (prior to their trip to New Zealand) and we ended up at Muthu's Curry at Suntec. They wanted to eat something spicy before subsisting on steak and potatoes for 2 weeks or so. We ordered the fish head curry, naturally, and I ended up eating more than half of it (dad isn't terribly keen on fish, the sister didn't have a lot). I teased the sister by leaving the eyeball on her plate (they actually are edible) and she proceeded to make a smiley face out of the two eyeballs, a ladyfinger and some naan bread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it actually sounds as if we're gay...